Up until 5 years ago, the whole concept of electric bikes sounded inefficient, inconvenient, and bulky machinery that isn’t suitable for daily commute. Fortunately, that situation has now changed.
Having an electric bike is efficient, environmentally friendly, and convenient. If you compare the current commuting trend to the trend of 10 years ago, you’ll understand that the way we commute has changed drastically all because of the best compact electric bike.
Compact electric bikes of today are light, strong, good-looking, and boast more power as opposed to the past. Almost everyone can ride electric bikes as they aren’t as hard as conventional bikes.
If you care about the environment and you wish to do your part in preserving the environment, then it’s high time you choose the best compact e-bike for yourself.
Electric bikes get you to different places, reduce carbon footprint and they are also fun to ride. Once you step into the market to search for the best bike, you will find a variety of options.
You can choose from heavy-duty cargo bikes to mountain-based e-bikes and bikes that can support your daily commute needs.
Due to the pandemic, many manufacturers have had trouble manufacturing the bikes according to customer needs. If you can find the right electric bike for your needs from my list, you may want to seize the opportunity and get the bike for yourself.
Best Compact Electric Bike To Buy In 2021
I have created a list of e-bikes which are compact and perfect choice to start with. Read this guide till the end for comparing and finding the best compact electric bike for 2021.
When it comes to electric bikes, you can’t keep the brand SWAGTRON out of the list. They are known for the best electric bikes that are high in quality and affordable. The bikes can be used for both daily commute and inner-city roads.
When it comes to the SWAGTRON Swagcycle EB-5 Lightweight is a durable, good-looking, and economical electric bike and the best part is that it costs less than $500.
You can fold the bike and carry it along yourself on your travels as well. The frame of the cycle is made with industrial-grade aluminum and it can support almost all kinds of people. Regardless of the frame, it is one of the best compact electric bikes on the market.
- Hosts a 250W hub motor
- Integrated 36V Li-Ion battery
- It is a folding bike, which means people with space issues can use it.
- Available in 3 different colors- Black, Blue & White
- Weighs only 37 pounds
- Auto guard braking technology
- Maintenance-friendly as power lines are fully removable
Pros of Swagcycle EB-15:
- Pre-assembled and it comes pre-assembled so non-tech savvy people don’t have to get their hands dirty.
- Adjustable seat height for adults and teens.
- 14-inch wheels. Comes with a pair of air-filled rubber tires with an easy power-line disconnect which offers better traction.
- 15.5 miles average ride range. Ride with full throttle and enjoy up to 15.5 miles on a single charge.
- The bike can support body weight up to 264 pounds, which means it’s suitable for most people.
- 5-7 hours of quick charging time.
Cons of Swagcycle EB-15:
- Only one pedal assist level.
- Cannot use pedal mode if the battery dies. The bike is totally dependent on power.
- Charging time can be improved.
The SWAGTRON Swagcycle EB-15 is definitely one of the best compact electric bikes in the market. Regardless of its compact frame, the bike can support a weight of up to 264 pounds (119.7 KG).
The adjustable seat makes it suitable for teens, adults, and old people. Even people smaller than 5”2 can ride this bike with ease. However, carrying it on your bike is not easy for people with small heights and less body mass.
The Jetson Bolt is one of the best compact electric bikes in the market and the perfect solution for your day-to-day commute. It comes equipped with a twist-type throttle, front, and rear disc brakes, and 14” tires that ensure a comfortable ride in cities and suburbs alike.
Included with a 250 watt Hub motor and a rechargeable Li-Ion, offers it a 15-mile average ride with a single charge. What makes it the best compact e-bike is that it comes with a collapsible handlebar that makes it easy to carry and store.
- Easily rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Goes up to 15 miles on a single battery charge.
- Comes equipped with a lightweight frame. The frame is made with aluminum and supports up to 250 pounds.
- Easy to store and carry along with you.
Pros of Jetson Bolt:
- 250 Watt Hub motor for a powerful performance
- Twist throttle acceleration
- Max speed up to 15.5 MPH
- 5.2AH Lithium-ION Battery
- Adjustable seats for all age groups.
Cons of Jetson Bolt:
- Available in only one color, Black.
- Technical support can be improved.
- Tire quality leaves room for improvement.
The Jetson Bolt Folding E-bike is the best compact e-bike on the market. It offers powerful performance and comes with an LED display. The bike is suitable for all age groups as it comes with an adjustable seat and a collapsible handle for easy carry and storage. Plus the bike can support up to 250 pounds of weight makes it perfect for almost all age groups.
ANCHEER 26” folding electric bike is a multi-purpose bike. It is known as one of the best compact e-bikes as it comes with an adjustable handlebar & stem. ANCHEER is a big name when it comes to electric bikes.
You can be sure to travel safely with the bright LED headlamp, which means you can travel on dark nights easily. Front suspension and fork rear suspension makes the bike really comfortable to ride on. It is a cost-effective bike that can fulfill your needs for a pollution-free daily commute.
- Aluminum metal frame, alloy saddle tube, and double-layer Aluminium alloy wheel.
- Weight: 59 pounds
- Load capacity: 330 pounds
- Dual suspension type
- 21-speed gear shift
- Mileage range: 25-50 KM
- Maximum speed: 15-30 MPH
Pros of ANCHEER 26” Folding Electric Bike:
- Available in two colors (White & Black)
- 26” wheelbase
- Dual disc brakes for safe riding
- 21 number of speeds
- Collapsible metal frame for efficient carrying and storage
- Comes equipped with an 8 MAH Lithium-Ion battery
- 15-30 miles top speed
Cons of ANCHEER 26” Folding Electric Bike:
- Does not come pre-assembled, not tech-savvy people can’t handle it.
- Even the folded dimensions aren’t suitable for compact storage.
- May need some adjustments to make the bike suitable for your needs.
The ANCHEER brand name speaks for itself. The ANCHEER 26” folding electric bike is one of the best compact electric bikes. It is perfect for those who suffer from knee injuries and people with old age who have trouble riding the bike.
Equipped with internet connectivity, the bike is one of the best options for adults and old age people alike. The bike can support a load of up to 250 pounds which makes it suitable for all weight groups.
As the name suggests, the bike is an electric city commuter bike. What makes it to feature in the list of the best compact e-bike is that the size is small and it can be folded. The bike is made with high-quality material and the steel frame offers a stylish riding experience.
It comes equipped with a 36V 8AH Lithium-Ion battery that can offer you a ride of up to 15-30 miles on a single charge. You can reduce the chances of the battery getting stolen as it is removable and charges in 4-6 hours. Made with cutting-edge technology, the ANCHEER Folding Electric Commuter Bike is the one to have at this time.
- Two riding modes for comfortable and easy riding
- LED 3-speed smart meter button
- 16-inch mountain bike wheels for comfortable and safe riding
- 15 miles of riding capability in a single charge
- Front and rear disc brake for safe riding
- 250W high-speed motor for a powerful riding experience
Pros of ANCHEER Folding Electric Commuter Bike:
- The folding mini bike offers a great & stylish riding experience
- Collapsible frame for easy storage and carrying
- Removable lithium-Ion battery for convenient charging
- Brake and gear shift system for safe riding
- 2 riding modes for different needs
- Up to 220-pound weight holding capacity for all kinds of riders
Cons of ANCHEER Folding Electric Commuter Bike:
- Riding without pedal assist can be tougher for older people
- Getting technical support is almost impossible
- A bit on the heavier side, not easy to carry for people with lower body mass.
The ANCHEER Folding electric commuter bike can be your compact electric bike because of its frame and folding capability.
As the bike is a bit on the heavier side, it can be tough to carry it along for old people. As for teens and working adults with a regular commute, this is one of the best options on the market.
Hiboy P10 is one of the best names in the electric bike community. If you’re looking for any compact electric bike then the Hiboy P10 is certainly a great option. The bike is made especially for adults with power assist.
The wheelbase is 12 inches tall and offers a comfortable riding position. With a powerful motor and a long battery life, it offers a top speed of up to 15 MPH. Based on specific conditions, the travel range depends on 15.5 – 21 miles on a single charge.
- 15.5 MPH max speed on a full charge
- 350W powerful motor
- Dual disc braking system for secure riding
- Max riding range of 21 miles.
- Max load of 256 pounds
- Pedal-assist distance range offers up to 31 miles
Pros of Hiboy P10:
- 12 inches air tires
- Portable design for easy carrying and storage
- Dual disc brake for more accurate and safe braking
- Highly efficient battery for daily commute
- 350 rear-drive motor that assists riding
- Comfortable and adjustable seat for easy riding
Cons of Hiboy P10:
- Not comfortable for people taller than 6ft
- Not meant for frozen roads as the tires are smaller compared to other bikes
- Technical support can be improved
- Available only in one color (Black)
The bike is small in design and it’s one of the best compact electric bikes you can come across. Overall it’s a brilliant bike that’s value for money. It can support a lot of weight and is perfect for both inter-city and suburb-type cruising.
The powerful motor combined with a long-lasting battery makes it perfect for day-to-day commute for both adults and teens alike. The electric bike isn’t suited for old people as the wheelbase is low which can make it harder to control.
SWAGTRON Swagcycle EB-7 Elite is an elite electric bike as it boasts tons of features. The size is large and sturdy yet it is the best compact e-bike on the market.
The bike is a hybrid mix that works in both the traditional way and as an electric bike. The bike boasts 16-inch wheels and offers three riding modes to fulfill every need of yours.
With a 350W motor and 36V Lithium-Ion battery, the bike can go up to 18.6 MPH and offers a mileage of 15.5 miles on a full charge. It is considered as the top contender of the best compact electric bike as the battery can be removed and the bike can become half its original size after being folded.
- Net weight: 42.3 lbs / 19.2 KG
- Aluminum alloy frame for increased sturdiness
- Dual disc brakes with auto guard technology
- LED headlight, LED taillight, and LED display for safe riding in low light situations
- Max speed of up to 18.6 MPH
- Adjustable seat for comfortable riding for all heights
Pros of Swagcycle EB-7:
- Air-filled tires on 16-inch wheels for better traction and stability
- Removable 5.2Ah Battery for easy charging and cleaning
- With auto guard technology, you can rely on the stopping power
- Can support the weight of up to 264 lbs
- Recharges the battery in less than 4 hours
- 1-year limited gold standard service for all SWAGTRON e-bikes
Cons of Swagcycle EB-7:
- Not suitable for people taller than 6 ft
- Weighs a bit more than average electric bikes
- Only available in a single color (White)
While it is one of the best compact electric bikes, it isn’t suitable for everyone. The bike consists of a powerful 350W motor with a rechargeable battery, which makes it perfect for most users with their daily commute.
The Swagcycle Elite is built for the long haul on inter-city roads. The bike is perfect for working adults and teens but not suitable for those taller than 6ft.
As I mentioned above, ANCHEER is one of the best brands for electric bikes. They have a wide range of bikes with a wide price range. EB-5 plus is another brilliant option you can choose.
Without a doubt, the EB5 Plus is the best compact electric bike. It offers a stylish design that blends modern design with comfort. If you use the full electric riding mode, the bike can travel up to 19 miles. The bike contains state-of-the-art technology that can fulfill your every need.
- 350W high-speed brushless gear motor (Another variant available with a 500W motor)
- 36V 6AH lithium-Ion battery for long commutes
- Cruise control on throttle mode
- Dual disc braking system for reliable stopping
- Inflatable rubber tires on a 12-inch wheel
- Lightweight with 39.7 lbs
Pros of ANCHEER EB5 Plus:
- The rechargeable battery only needs 4 hours for charging
- Can support the weight of up to 265lbs
- Can ride up 10-degree slopes up and down seamlessly
- The battery comes with overcharge and power-off protection
- The average mileage of 18 miles on pedal assist mode
- A maximum speed of 15 MPH
- Smart folding design that’s easy to carry
Cons of ANCHEER EB5 Plus:
- Warranty support and customer support needs improvement
- No suspension available on the bike
- Not suitable for climbing steep slopes
The lack of suspension on the bike makes it clear that the bike is only suitable on straight city roads. Available in both 12 inches and 14 inches wheels, both of them provide traction and full balanced riding.
Made from aluminum alloy, the bike is sturdy and the foldable design makes it perfect for every situation. This is the reason why I have included this e-bike in my list of the best compact electric bike which is perfect for teens, adults, women, and old people.
Macwheel is another huge name in the electric bike market. The Macwheel 16” Electric Folding Bike made to my list of the best compact e-bike for daily commute on city and country roads.
The build quality is great as the bike is made from high-quality steel which makes it highly durable and strong enough to support people with a height range between 5’2” – 6’2”. It offers a stylish design perfect for the riders of today.
- 250W motor for powerful riding
- Comes with a 36V 7.5AH Li-Ion battery
- 3 riding modes – E-bike mode, paddle assist mode, paddle mode
- Equipped with LED headlamps and rear reflectors
- 16-inch wheel with air-filled tires
- Dual disc for powerful stopping
- Weight 39.7 pounds
- 5-speed gear for smooth riding
Pros of Macwheel 16”:
- Comes equipped with an adjustable handle and seat to provide a better riding posture
- Rides up to 18 miles on throttle mode, and 30-35 miles on paddle assist mode
- LED headlamps and tail light makes it perfect to ride in the dark
- 1-year warranty included
- Offers a max speed of 15.5MPH
Cons of Machwheel 16”:
- Customer support needs improvement
- Not powerful enough to ride on steep hills
The bike is perfect for city roads and daily inter-city commute. Therefore, Macwheel 16” Electric Folding Bike is the best compact electric bike for commuting. It comes with an adjustable frame that makes it easy to store in the trunk of your car or in a storage unit. According to the manufacturers, the bike is a perfect fit for unisex adults between the height range of 5’2” – 6’2” inches.
Conclusion: Best Compact Electric Bike
All the bikes I’ve listed above are compact, attractive, and powerful enough to fulfill your daily needs. This list contains bikes that are the best compact electric bike. If I have to pick any favorite electric bike from the list, I’ll recommend you get the “DJ Folding Bike, SWAGTRON Swagcycle Elite, or the Ancheer Folding E-Bike”.
Each of these bikes offers superior performance and comes equipped with a powerful motor and enough battery power to last through a day.