There was a time when electric bikes were a luxury and only rich people used to enjoy them. Well, the time has changed and there has been significant growth in the electric bikes industry.
Now more and more people are opting for electric bikes for their daily commute and one of the reasons behind this is they are quite affordable and cheap.
Today I have brought you the best cheapest electric bikes in the market that are not just economical but are made from high-quality components.
Electric bikes are not just a luxury anymore, they are the means of survival for many people. In the last 5-7 years there has been a significant drop in the prices of the electric bike.
High-grade expensive bikes are still part of the community and used by people who can afford them but now manufacturers are producing the best cheapest electric bike for the daily commute, sport, adventure, hunting, and exploring.
The only issue with the cheap electric bike is the compromise in the quality. Therefore, after a thorough search for weeks, I have selected the top 8 best cheapest electric bikes available in the market that also provide high-quality performance and last longer.
If you are also looking for the best cheapest electric bike that falls under your budget and gives excellent performance for a long duration then you must check out my list.
Top 8 Best Cheapest Electric Bikes
I understand, the lower the price range lowers the quality of the product. If you go around and check you can find many options of the best cheapest electric bike in the market under $500 or $1000.
However, before you make any purchase it is essential to understand the basic requirements and quality standards in the e-bike such as battery and motor power, range and maximum speed safety, and other accessories.
Based on these requirements, I have selected the cheapest and still the best electric bike for you. You can use them for your daily commute or explore your city from a new perspective.
Now you can select your best cheapest e-bike that is durable, high-performance, and laced with smart technology.
METAKOO M1 folding electric bike is a dream come true when you are looking for an inner-city bike for your daily commute. Its folding feature makes it easy to store in small and confined places.
It has a very unique design and any small to medium height person can use this bike comfortably. It is safe to say that it is a family electric bike and can make your daily errands easier and faster. It is one of the best cheapest electric bikes for daily commuting on inner-city roads.
- It has a 350W brushless motor mounted a the rear wheel
- It comes with 36V 7.8Ah lithium-ion battery integrated into the frame
- It has a powerful and progressive dual disc brake mechanism
- It comes with 3 riding modes- pure electric, pedal-assist, and normal mode
- It comes with a rear shock absorption system
- It has a front bright LED light and tail light
- It comes with an adjustable seat and handlebar
- It comes with a one-step quick folding feature
- It only weighs 39lbs
- It has a travel range of 37 miles at pedal-assist mode and 18.6 miles on electric mode
- It delivers a maximum speed of 15.5mph
- It only takes 4-5 hours to get fully charged
- It can climb and descend the 10-degree slope quite easily at throttle and pedal-assist mode
- You can even ride this bike at night as it comes with a traditional bell with front and tail light
- This bike is not ideal for tall people
- Some customers have faced issues with the purely electric mode
The recommended height for riding this bike is 4’-5’7”. METAKOO M1 is suitable for riders between the ages of 14-65. Therefore it is the best cheapest electric bike not just for adults but kids and seniors as well.
This bike can easily convert into cruise control by fixing the speed for 5 seconds on pure electric mode and then releasing the throttle. This bike is not ideal for carrying the load however you can add the accessories as per your requirement such as phone holder, bottle holder, and so on at quite an affordable price.
Sixthreezero around the block is adult women’s best cheapest electric bike in traditional bicycle design with front and rear cargo rack. If you are looking for a perfect electric bike for the ladies in your life then Sixthreezero is an ideal choice for a daily commute, exploring the city and adventure.
This bike is also suitable for beaches and the countryside. It comes in several attractive and delicate colors with matching tires and seats.
- It comes with a powerful 250W rear hub motor
- It has a 36V 10.4 Ah battery located beneath the rear cargo rack
- It has a classic wheel size of 26 inches with 17 inches durable steel frame
- It comes with a dual handbrake in caliper style
- It comes with 21 Shimano speed gears
- It comes with a rigid suspension system
- It comes in 3 riding modes- normal, pedal-assist, and throttle
- It only weighs 34 pounds
- This is a classic bicycle design that provides an ergonomic riding position to the rider and helps to get rid of back and forearms pain
- This is a perfect bike for relaxed and tension free joint, if you are suffering from knee pain then this bike is your perfect companion
- It comes with a comfortable seat for long-distance riding, made from high-density support foam
- This bike comes in multiple pastel colors in combination with tires and seat covers
- You can easily carry the cargo or your daily essentials on this bike
- It comes with a cushioned dual-spring wide saddle
- It is a beach cruiser bike, not ideal for beginners or seniors
This bike is suitable for tall adult women only. You can add a front cargo basket and other accessories if you need them at quite an affordable price from your local stores.
It is an ideal bike for long-distance rides as it has a travel range of 40 and 60 miles in pure electric and pedal-assist mode respectively. It has a maximum speed of 28mph in a pedal-assist mode which is quite higher than any other best cheapest electric bike.
It can convert from electric to throttle with just one push of a button on the handlebar. You cannot find any other best cheapest electric bike for your lady friend in this price range.
Macwheel 26 inches or Ranger 500 also falls on the list of the best cheapest electric bikes in the market. Ranger 500 is a daily commuter electric bike for versatile roads of the city. It is a comfortable e-bike that you can ride for hours and explore the city.
This is a heavy-weight bike for adults made from high-quality aluminum alloy to tackle rough city terrains and bumpy roads.
- It comes with a powerful 350W brushless motor
- It comes with a removable 36V 10Ah lithium battery
- It comes with a large LCD screen with a backlight
- It has a Tektro front and rear disc brake system
- It has Shimano 7-speed gears
- It is equipped with a high-grade KMC chain
- It comes with 3 riding modes- Pure electric, Electric assist, and manual mode
- There are 5 adjustable levels of pedal-assisted mode in this e-bike for your comfort
- This bike has a travel range of 25 miles per charge on pure electric mode only and
- 26 inches tire to provide better stability and balance on rough roads
- This bike is easy to maintain due to the hidden cables and LED light
- One can adjust the angle and height of the handlebar according to their comfort
- It is equipped with Kenda anti-puncture tires
- It delivers a maximum speed of 15.5mph at PAS mode
- This bike lacks the suspension system although 26 inches wheel with front shock absorbers helps to make the ride comfortable for long distances
- The motor of the bike can be improved in comparison to other 350W electric bikes like Ancheer
Ranger 500 is a quite flexible bike for the inner city roads. It has a load capacity of 25–300lbs. The recommended height for the riders is 5’4”-6’5”.
It is a unisex bike for sports, adventure, exploring, and daily commute for adults only. This is a heavyweight bike however it runs smoothly on pedal assist mode without battery as well so you don’t have to carry it home.
Our next best cheapest electric bike is Ancheer 350/500W adults daily electric commuter of 27.5 inches wheel size. It is a unisex bike made from high-grade 6061 aluminum alloy.
If you are looking for one for adventure and exploring your city then Ancheer is a smart, sturdy, and durable electric bike for youngsters.
- This bike comes with 2 motor power- 350W/500W brushless gear motor
- It comes with a removable key lock lithium-ion battery of 36V 10.2Ah/ 48V 10.4Ah respectively
- It comes with 21 and 24 Shimano speed gears
- It weighs 53lbs
- It comes with a 5-speed level smart meter on the handlebar
- This bike is equipped with a front and rear mechanical disc brake system
- This bike has a high strength carbon steel shock-absorbing forks and double-walled aluminum rims for stability and balance
- It has a maximum speed of 20mph at pedal assist mode
- This is one of the sturdy and durable electric bikes for long-distance riding, sporting, and, adventure
- This bike has a load capacity of 330lbs
- This bike can easily ride on the steep hills and slopes with minimum effort
- This bike has a travel range of 21 miles on throttle mode and 40 miles on pedal assist mode
- This bike arrives 85% assembled
- You can easily remove the battery pack and charge it off the bike as well
- This is large capacity battery bike that can give you a range of 30 miles per charge
- This bike doesn’t have any suspension system
- This bike is not meant for short and elderly people
This bike is recommended for 5’1”- 6’4” riders. Despite its heavyweight, the aviation aluminum alloy frame makes it light and strong to carry it around.
You can use this bike for delivery service as it has a great load capacity. It is ideal for both men and women and at the weekend you can take it out for exploring the city from a new perspective. You won’t find any other durable and sturdy bike in this price range for daily commute and adventure.
Macwheel 16 inches is a lightweight foldable electric bike exploring the city and daily commute. It is made from high-quality steel which makes it sturdy and durable.
It comes in a flashy black and orange color combination which makes it quite attractive and stylish. Its ergonomic design makes it comfortable for long distances while maintaining a good posture.
- It has 250 watts of motor power
- Comes with a 36V 7.5Ah lithium-ion battery
- Comes in 3 riding modes – E-bike mode, Assist mode, and Manpower mode
- Comes with a headlight and rear reflector
- Comes with 16 inches of air-filled tires
- Comes with a dual disc brake feature
- It has an LCD screen on the handlebar
- It weighs 39.7 pounds
- It comes with 5-speed gears
- It comes with an adjustable frame like handle and seat
- It has a travel range of 18.6 miles and 30-37 miles on electric and pedal-assist mode respectively
- Comes with a wheel reflector and anti-skid tires which makes it suitable for riding in any weather condition
- Ideal for riding in the dark
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- It has a maximum speed of 15..5mph
- Don’t have the good customer service
- Not suitable for riding steep hills and slopes
This is a typical brick road electric bike for city roads. The Ideal rider height should be between 5’2” – 6’2”. It has a load capacity of 220lbs despite its small body and sleek design. It is a lightweight bike that is easy to carry and store.
This bike is not just suitable for kids and adults but also the elderly can ride this bike without any effort. Pedaling takes 50% less effort as it is powered by a hub motor. It comes 95% assembled at the time of delivery so you don’t have to make any extra effort.
Ancheer is known as one of the finest electric bike brands in the industry that manufactures high-quality electric bikes of different price ranges. EB-5 plus is one of the cheapest electric bikes with a stylish and modern design that you can fold and carry around anywhere you want.
This bike can go full-electric mode for at least 18-19 miles while you rest and enjoy the scenery around you. This is without a doubt one of the smartest and cheapest electric bikes around the block.
- It has a 350W of high-speed brushless gear motor ( It also comes with a 500W motor)
- It comes with an integrated 36V 6Ah/ 48V 7.5Ah lithium battery
- It comes with cruise control with a twist throttle mode
- It has a powerful and progressive dual mechanical disc brake system
- It has a double inflatable rubber tire of 12 inches
- It only weighs 39.7lbs
- It only takes a maximum of 4 hours to get fully charged however I would advise you to charge between 20-80% only for optimum performance
- This bike has a load capacity of 265lbs
- It can easily ride the 10-degree slopes up and down with minimum effort
- its battery comes with overcharge, short-circuit, and power-off protection
- It has a maximum range of 15-18 miles at pedal assist mode
- It also comes with a display system and bell on the handlebar
- It has a maximum speed of 15.5mph
- There is no suspension system on the bike
- The saddle can be more comfortable but you can easily replace it with the more comfortable seat
- This bike is not ideal for climbing steep slopes, you have to carry it in such situations
This is a typical city bike which is why you might not notice the need for a suspension system on the brick road. 12 inches tires are well balanced, anti-slip, and wear-resistant with a firm grip. You can use this bike every season as it is IPX5 waterproof.
This bike comes with throttle control which you won’t get in other bikes in this price range such as sixthreezero around the block women’s bike. It is a lightweight and 2 easy steps folding bike which you carry anywhere and made from premium quality materials.
This other best cheapest electric bike comes from the vortex series of the ECOTRIC brand. Besides its low price, it is made from a high-strength carbon steel frame with a classic regular bike design with 26 inches firm grip wheel size to make your ride bump-free.
- It comes with a brushless, toothless 350W rear motor
- It comes with a removable 36V/10Ah lithium battery
- It has Shimano 7-speed gears
- It weighs 51 lbs
- It is equipped with an LED screen
- It has 2 riding modes- pedal assist and throttle mode
- It comes with Tektro Novela dual disc brake system
- It can cover the distance of 20-30 miles in a single charge
- It has a manufacturing warranty of 18 months
- It has a maximum speed of 21mph at pure electric mode
- It comes in two colors- black and white
- This bike arrives 90% assembled
- It comes with an additional toolkit and charger
- It takes 5-8 hours to get fully charged
- Mileage differs on the weight of the rider
- Battery power reduces due to riding on rough and bumpy terrains and poor weather conditions.
- Not suitable for bumpy roads if you want it to last longer than a year
It has a load capacity of up to 220lbs. The recommended height for this bike is 5’3”-6’0”. This bike is only suitable for brick roads. It is a unisex adult bike for the daily commute and not ideal for carrying weight.
NAKTO 26 inches cargo electric bike is another prime option for the best cheapest electric bike for adult females for daily commute in the city.
This bike costs similar to the sixthreezero around the block women’s electric bike but it can be ridden by the seniors as well due to its step-thru feature.
- It comes with a 250W high-speed brushless motor
- It has a removable 36V 10Ah Lithium cell battery
- It comes with a linear-pull brake system that allows stopping immediately at any speed
- It comes with Shimano 6 speed gear shifts
- It comes in 2 riding modes- e-bike and assisted bicycle mode
- It is equipped with a front and rear suspension system to make your ride more comfortable
- It weighs 50 pounds
- It is laced with an LCD screen, front headlight, and tail reflector
- It comes with 1 year of warranty on motor and battery
- It gives the mileage of 22-28 miles on pure electric mode and 28-35 on pedal assist mode
- It delivers a maximum speed of 18-25mph
- This bike is safe for driving in the dark as it equipped with all the safe gears
- It comes with an attached kickstand, front cargo basket, and rear cargo rack
- The frame of this bike is made from high-quality carbon steel which makes it last longer than another bike in this price range
- It comes in two primary colors- black and white
- It is a heavyweight bike
- You cannot switch it to pedal mode if the battery dies, thus always make sure you have enough battery or place to recharge your battery
NAKTO is known for its great customer service and high-quality products. This bike is only recommended for riders above the height of 5’2” or your feet will not touch the ground.
It is not suitable for beginners only adults and seniors who already are habitual of riding a fully electric bike can handle this as once you start to pedal the motor kicks off and the bike starts at a high speed.
If you have some delivery business then this bike has a load capacity of 250-300 lbs. It can climb steep hills and rough terrains effortlessly.
Conclusion – Best Cheapest Electric Bikes
All the above-listed bikes are the best cheapest e-bikes in the market. I have provided you with the different styles and designs of the best cheapest electric bike that will fulfill all your requirements in your budget.
If I have to select the top 3 best cheapest electric bikes then I would recommend METAKOO folding electric bike, Sixthreezero/NAKTO for women’s, and ANCHEER 350/500W electric bike with 27.5 inches tires for different categories of riders.
I also found Ancheer EB-5 an all-rounder best cheapest electric bike with high-grade components and durability.
If you want to explore more options then you can check out my other articles as well which are listed below. You will get better options in your price range and the desired safety features.